MS Access for the Business Environment: Create a PivotTable View in Access - Page 6
July 1, 2003
Formatting and Organizing the PivotTable View
Next we will examine ways we can organize the new PivotTable view to make it easy to use. We will format and organize our view, then briefly examine filtering, sorting and grouping.
1. Click the new Sum of Net Sale calculated total in the PivotTable view to highlight it.
2. Click the Properties button (shown in Illustration 26) on the PivotTable toolbar.
The Properties dialog appears for the Sum of Net Sale calculated total field.
3. Click the Captions tab.
4. Input Total Net Sale in the Caption text box.
The Properties dialog, Captions tab for the Total Net Sale calculated total appears as shown in Illustration 27.
5. Leaving the Properties dialog open, click the label for the new Count of Net Sale calculated total field on the PivotTable.
The Properties dialog switches to display the settings for the Count of Net Sale column.
6. Input No. Line Items in the Caption text box.
The Properties dialog, Captions tab for the No. Line Items calculated total appears as shown in Illustration 28.
7. Close the Properties dialog.