Featured Database Articles
Apr 16, 2001
The Lighter Side - Page 11
By Steve Jones
Computer Problem Report Form
- Describe your problem:
- Now, describe the problem accurately:
- Speculate wildly about the cause of the problem:
- Problem Severity:
- Nature of the problem:
- A.Locked Up__
- d.Strange Smell__
- Is Your Computer Plugged In? Yes_____ No______
- Is It Turned On? Yes_____ No_____
- Have you tried to fix it yourself? Yes_____ No_____
- Have you made it worse? Yes_____ No_____
- Have you had a "friend" who "Knows all about computers" try to fix it for you? Yes_____ No_____
- Did they make it worse? Yes_____ No_____
- Have you read the manual? Yes_____ No_____
- Are you sure you've read the manual? Yes_____ No_____
- Are you absolutely certain you've read the manual? Yes_____ No_____
- If you read the manual, do you think you understood it? Yes_____ No_____
- If 'yes', then explain why you can't fix the problem yourself?
- What were you doing with your computer at the time the problem occurred?
- If you answered 'nothing' then explain why you were logged in?
- Are you sure you aren't imagining the problem? Yes_____ No_____
- Does the clock on your home VCR blink 12:00? Yes_____ What's a VCR?_____
- Do you have a copy of 'PCs for Dummies'? Yes_____ No_____
- Do you have any independent witnesses to the problem? Yes_____ No_____
- Do you have any electronics products that DO work? Yes_____ No_____
- Is there anyone else you could blame this problem on? Yes_____ No_____
- Have you given the machine a good whack on the top?
- Is the machine on fire?
- Can you do something else instead of bothering me?
MS SQL Archives