14. Type the Analysis Server name in the Data Source box, (where MOTHER appears in the picture in Illustration 20 below).
15. Type HR (for the HR cube), in the Location box.
16. Enter the appropriate Username and Password information in the respective input boxes.
17. At Enter the Initial Catalog to Use (item number 3 on the dialog), select FoodMart 2000 from the dropdown selector.
The Data Link Properties dialog - Connection tab appears as shown below.
18. Click Test Connection to ascertain connectivity.
We test positive for connectivity, per the test connection confirmation dialog, pictured below.
Illustration 21: Test Connection Succeeded confirmation dialog
19. Click OK.
20. Click OK again to return to the dialog.
The DTS Import / Export Wizard - Choose a Data Source dialog reappears, as depicted below:
Illustration 22: The DTS Import / Export Wizard - Choose a Data Source
21. Click Next.
The DTS Import / Export Wizard - Choose a Destination dialog appears. The DTS Wizard is asking to which database we want to direct the output from the DTS task we are building. As we do not have a table already set up for our output, we will create one. Our purpose here is only to see the output of a DRILLTHROUGH statement within an MDX query, but imagine the opportunities with using this tool for the extraction and loading of data of this sort!
22. Type the Username and Password information to access the MSSQL Server.
Note: See the online help for the two main modes of security in MSSQL Server 2000 if this is not familiar--and perhaps get assistance in what to put in the aforementioned fields.
23. In the Database box, select <new> with the dropdown selector.
The Create Database dialog appears.
24. Type in MDX_DRILL in the Name box, and leave the two size setpoints at default.
The completed Create Database dialog appears, as shown below:
Illustration 23: The Create Database Dialog
25. Click OK.
The Create Database dialog closes and we are returned to the DTS Import / Export Wizard - Choose a Destination dialog. Here we see the new database name added in the Database selector box (near the bottom of the dialog), as shown in Illustration 24.
Illustration 24: The DTS Import/Export Wizard - Choose a Destination Dialog
26. Click Next.