Build a Web Site Traffic Analysis Cube: Part I - Page 6
July 21, 2003
49. Type Date Transformation into the Name box.
50. Click the Properties button.
The Middle of String Transformation Properties dialog appears.
51. Set Start Position at 2.
52. Check the Limit Number of Characters to: checkbox, and set the number at 11.
53. Leave the rest of the settings at default
The completed Middle of String Transformation Properties dialog appears as shown in Illustration 18.
54. Click OK.
We are returned to the Transformation Options dialog, General Tab, which appears as shown in Illustration 19.
55. Click the Source Columns tab.
56. Double-click Col003 on the left to add it to the Selected Columns box on the right.
57. Click the Destination Columns tab.
58. Double-click Date on the left to add it to the Selected Columns box on the right.
59. Click OK.
We are returned to the Transformations tab, which appears as shown in Illustration20.
60. Click Test to ascertain the correctness of setup of the transformation.
The Testing Transformation dialog briefly appears, and then is eclipsed by the appearance of the Package Execution Results message box, which announces successful completion of the process, and appears as shown in Illustration 21.
61. Click OK.
The Package Execution Results dialog disappears, leaving the Testing Transformation dialog in place, as shown in Illustration 22.
The Testing Transformation dialog offers us an opportunity to preview the output of our transformation, before we move on to a second one.
62. Click the View Results button.
The View Data dialog presents a sample view of the results of our transformation, as shown in Illustration 23.
63. Click OK to return to the Testing Transformation dialog.
64. Click Done to close the dialog, and to return to the Transform Data Task Properties dialog - Transformations tab.
65. Click New to once again open the Create New Transformation dialog.
66. Highlight the Copy Column option to select it.
67. Click OK.