MSSQL Server Reporting Services: Mastering OLAP Reporting: Cascading Prompts - Page 4
July 27, 2004
Modify the Report Clone to Show Consolidated Product Sales
As we have mentioned, the FoodMart 2000 Sales report that we have cloned as RS007 contains a prompt to allow users to filter by Product Family.
1. Right-click the RS007 project in the Solution Explorer.
2. Click Add.
3. Select Add Existing Item, as shown in Illustration 8.
Click for larger image
The Add Existing Item - RS007 dialog appears.
4. Navigate to the location of the RS007 report file created earlier.
5. Select the Report File in the dialog.
The Add Existing Item - RS007 dialog appears as depicted in Illustration 9, with the targeted file.
6. Click Open (or double-click the selection) to close the dialog.
Report File RS007 appears in the Reports folder of the RS007 project.
7. Right-click RS007.rdl in the Reports folder.
8. Select Open, as shown in Illustration 10, from the context menu that appears.
Report RS007 opens and appears on the Layout tab of the Report Designer, as depicted in Illustration 11.
9. Click the Preview tab to execute the report.
RS007 executes briefly, and then returns data. We see, atop the Preview tab, the Product Family parameter selector, as shown (expanded) in Illustration 12.
10. Select Non-Consumable in the Product Family selector.
11. Click the View Report button to execute the report.
The report appears, with different row items and values, as depicted in Illustration 13. The differing results are due to its being filtered, via the parameter selection, on the Non-Consumable Product Family.