MSSQL Server Reporting Services : Black Belt Components: Manage Nulls in OLAP Reports - Page 5
November 17, 2004
Create a Copy of the FoodMart Sales Report
As we have noted, we will be working with a copy of the FoodMart Sales report, to keep the original sample intact for easy access and use at another time.
1. Right-click the Reports folder underneath the newly created shared data source, in the Solution Explorer.
2. Select Add -> Add Existing Item from the cascading context menus that appear, as depicted in Illustration 11.
Click for larger image
The Add Existing Item - RS011 dialog appears.
When we installed Reporting Services, the default installation point for the sample report files was the Samples folder within the Reporting Services program folder. A common example of this default path is as follows:
C:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\Samples\Reports
3. Using the Add Existing Item - RS011 dialog, navigate to the location of the sample reports in your own environment.
An example of the Add Existing Item - RS011 dialog, having been pointed to the Samples folder (which contains the FoodMart Sales report we seek), appears as shown in Illustration 12.
4. Right-click the FoodMart Sales report inside the dialog.
5. Select Copy from the context menu that appears, as depicted in Illustration 13.
6. Right-click somewhere in the white space to the right of the report files within the dialog.
7. Select Paste from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 14.
A copy of the FoodMart Sales report appears, with "Copy of" appended at the front of the name of the file, within the dialog.
8. Right-click the new file.
9. Select Rename from the context menu that appears.
10. Type the following name in place of the highlighted existing name:
Foodmart Sales - Filtered Dataset.rdl
NOTE: Be sure to include the .rdl extension in the file name.
The copy of the FoodMart Sales sample report appears as depicted in Illustration 15.
11. Select the new file by clicking it, if necessary.
12. Click Open on the dialog box to add the new report to report project RS011.
FoodMart Sales - Filtered Dataset.rdl appears in the Reports folder, within the RS011 project tree in the Solution Explorer, as shown in Illustration 16.
Having created a copy of the functional report, we are now ready to make the modifications requested by the FoodMart information consumers.