MSSQL Server Reporting Services: Black Belt Administration: Prepare the Execution Log for Reporting - Page 6
January 18, 2005
Extract Execution Log Data, and Populate the New Reporting Database
We will return to Enterprise Manager at this point, where we will extract the data existing in the Execution Log. To achieve our objective, we will use another tool, a DTS package, provided with Reporting Services in the files that we copied into our RS013 folder earlier.
We will begin by returning to Enterprise Manager.
1. Return to the Enterprise Manager console we left open earlier.
2. Right-click Data Transformation Services.
3. Select Open Package from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 14.
Click for larger image
4. Navigate to the folder we created above, RS013, in the Select File dialog that appears.
5. Select the following file within the RS013 folder:
The Select File dialog appears similar to that depicted in Illustration 15.
6. Select the DTS package, and click Open on the Select File dialog to open it.
The Select Package dialog appears.
7. Select RSExecutionLog_Update, as shown in Illustration 16.
8. Click OK on the Select File dialog to open the DTS package.
The RSExecutionLog_Update package appears in the DTS Designer, as depicted in Illustration 17.
9. Select Package --> Properties from the DTS Designer main menu, as shown in Illustration 18.