MSSQL Server Reporting Services: Black Belt Administration: "Governor" Capabilities: Report Execution Timeout - Page 7
March 21, 2005
Deploy the Clone Report for Later Use
Let's deploy the report, publishing it to Report Manager along with its data source, where we will work with it after we examine the process of setting our "global" Report Execution Timeout value in the next section. First, we need to assign deployment properties to our project.
1. From within the Solution Explorer, right-click the RS015 project we created earlier (not the RS015.rdl file, but the project folder itself).
2. Select Properties from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 15.
The Property Pages dialog opens, defaulted to the General page, for the RS015 project.
3. Make the settings, listed in Table 1 below, for General Properties (Deployment):
Table 1: General - Deployment Properties Dialog
NOTE: For TargetServerURL, substitute the appropriate server name for your own Reporting Services environment.
The General Properties page, Deployment properties, appears, using the settings on my server as an example, as depicted in Illustration 16.
4. Click OK to accept changes and to exit the RS015 Property Pages.
We return to the Report Designer. Let's publish the clone report.
5. From within the Solution Explorer, right-click the RS015 project (not the RS015.rdl file, but the project folder itself), as before.
6. Select Deploy from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 17.
Deployment begins, and completes successfully, as we can note from the Output window in Report Designer (depicted in Illustration 18).
NOTE: Any errors in publishing appear in the Task List window in Report Designer.
We will verify the successful publication of the report in the next section, where we move to Report Manager to examine the Report Execution Timeout setting. We have now established a sample report to revisit, once we have looked at Report Execution Timeout settings at a more global level.
7. Select File --> Save All from the main menu, to protect our work for a visit later.
8. Select File --> Exit to close the Report Designer and Visual Studio .NET.