Introduction to MSSQL Server Analysis Services: Presentation Nuances: CrossTab View - Same Dimension - Page 6
April 11, 2005
Create a Virtual Dimension to Enable Dual Axis Reporting
Let's enter the new Crosstab Reporting cube and set about the creation of a virtual dimension.
1. Right-click the Crosstab Reporting cube in the cube tree.
2. Select Edit from the context menu that appears, as depicted in Illustration 15.
The Cube Editor opens.
3. Right-click the Dimensions folder in the Tree pane.
4. Select New Dimension from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 16.
The Welcome page for the Dimension Wizard appears, as depicted in Illustration 17.
5. Click Next.
The Choose how you want to create the dimension dialog appears.
6. Using the radio button to its immediate left, select Virtual Dimension, as shown in Illustration 18.