MSSQL Server Reporting Services: Mastering OLAP Reporting: Percent of Total - Two Perspectives - Page 3
June 20, 2005
Create a Clone of the Foodmart Sales Cube
Let's first create a copy of the existing FoodMart Sales cube to provide a "disposable" work environment.
1. Open Analysis Manager.
2. Expand the Analysis Servers folder in the management console.
3. Expand the Analysis Server with which you are working by clicking the "+" sign to its left.
4. Expand the FoodMart 2000 database.
5. Expand the Cubes folder inside the FoodMart 2000 database.
6. Right-click the Sales cube.
7. Click Copy from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 1.
8. Right-click the Cubes folder.
9. Select Paste from the context menu that appears, as depicted in Illustration 2.
The Duplicate Name dialog appears.
10. Rename the new cube as follows:
Percent of Total
The Duplicate Name dialog appears as shown in Illustration 3.
11. Click OK to create the clone cube.
The new Percent of Total cube appears in the tree as depicted in Illustration 4.