Black Belt Components: Support Simple Navigation with a Document Map - Page 4
December 18, 2006
14. Click the Groups tab.
15. Click Add ... to the right of the Rows list, in the upper half of the tab, as shown in Illustration 9.
The Grouping and Sorting Properties dialog appears, defaulted to its General tab.
16. Atop the General tab, replace the default entry that appears in the Name box with the following name:
17. Click the currently empty top row in the Expression list within the Group on section of the tab, to enable the selector.
18. Select =Fields!Product.Value within the selector, as depicted in Illustration 10.
19. Click OK, to accept our selection, and to close the Grouping and Sorting Properties dialog.
We return to the Groups tab, where we see the new matrix1_Product entry (currently highlighted) within the Rows list, underneath the originally appearing matrix1_Sales_Reason group, as shown in Illustration 11.
20. Click OK on the Groups tab, to close the Matrix Properties dialog.
A wider report layout appears, as expected.
21. Once again on the Layout tab, within the Matrix Data Region, right-click the value appearing underneath the Internet Orders column heading (the leftmost of the three value cells).
22. Select Properties on the context menu that appears, as depicted in Illustration 12.
23. On the Textbox Properties dialog that next appears, click the Format tab.
24. Replace the existing Format code setting (in the upper left corner of the Format tab) with the following string:
Here we are simply changing the existing format to one more appropriate for a count value. The Format code appears on the Format tab of the Textbox Properties dialog as shown in Illustration 13.
25. Click OK to accept our modifications, and to dismiss the Textbox Properties dialog.
We will next execute the report to ascertain that our modifications are complete, and that we have a working report for the practice session that follows.
26. Click the Preview tab, as depicted in Illustration 14.
27. Select Bikes in the Product Category parameter selector, as shown in Illustration 15.
28. Click the View Report button, as required.
The Report is being generated message briefly appears, and then the report displays. The modified report appears as partially depicted in Illustration 16.
We now have a clone OLAP report file within our Reporting Services 2005 Project, with which we can proceed in the next section to add the navigation support that our client colleagues need, using the Document Map feature.