Mastering OLAP Reports: Parameterized Grouping - Page 4
September 23, 2008
11. Click Yes, when asked Are you sure ....
12. Right-click the single entry in the Filter pane (directly atop the Query pane).
13. Click Delete to eliminate the existing Product Category Parameter from the Filter pane, as shown in Illustration 8.
We will make an addition to the Dataset next.
14. Within the Metadata pane, expand the Date dimension, by clicking the + sign to its immediate left.
15. Expand the Fiscal folder that appears within the Date dimension.
16. Expand the Fiscal hierarchy (labeled Date.Fiscal) within the Fiscal folder.
17. Drag the Month level into the Data pane, dropping it to the left of the Sales Reason column, as depicted in Illustration 9.
The new Month column appears, as desired. Having made the necessary changes on the Data tab, we are ready to move to the Layout tab, where we can conclude our preparatory modifications to the report file.
18. Click the Layout tab, as shown in Illustration 10.
19. On the Layout tab, within the matrix data region, select the value appearing underneath the Internet Total column heading.
20. Right-click the value in the text box (the value appears as =Sum(Fields!Internet_Total_Product_Cost.Value) ).
21. Select Delete from the context menu that appears, as depicted in Illustration 11.
22. Right-click the upper left-hand corner of the Matrix Data Region (the gray square).
The gray column and row bars disappear, as a light, patterned outline forms around the matrix data region, and the context menu appears.
23. Select Properties from the context menu, as shown in Illustration 12.
The Matrix Properties dialog appears, defaulted to the General tab.
24. Click the Groups tab.
25. In the Columns section of the Groups tab (in the lower half of the tab), select the middle group, named matrix1_Sales_Territory_Group.
26. Click the Edit button, as depicted in Illustration 13.
The Grouping and Sorting Properties dialog appears, defaulted to its General tab.
27. Atop the General tab, change the existing Name to the following:
28. Click the row containing the Expression value (currently the expression is Fields!Sales_Territory_Group.Value), within the Group on list, to enable the selector.
29. Select =Fields!Month.Value within the selector, as shown in Illustration 14.
30. Click OK, to accept our modifications, and to close the Grouping and Sorting Properties dialog.
31. Click OK on the Groups tab, to close the Matrix Properties dialog.
32. Once again on the Layout tab, within the Matrix Data Region, right-click the value appearing underneath the Internet Orders column heading (the leftmost of the two remaining value cells).
33. Select Properties on the context menu that appears, as depicted in Illustration 15.
34. On the Textbox Properties dialog that next appears, click the Format tab.
35. Replace the existing Format code setting (in the upper left corner of the Format tab) with the following string:
Here we are simply changing the existing format to one more appropriate for a count value. The Format code appears on the Format tab of the Textbox Properties dialog as shown in Illustration 16.
36. Click OK to accept our modifications, and to dismiss the Textbox Properties dialog.