Attribute Discretization: Using the "Equal Areas" Method - Page 4
May 14, 2009
Process the Analysis Services Database to Update Its Structure for Our Discretization Settings
We will process the Analysis Services database within which we have been working, and then browse the Birth Date attribute members to confirm that we have provided preliminary answers to the clients stated requirements.
1. Right-click the Analysis Services project atop the tree in the Solution Explorer.
2. Select Process ... from the context menu that appears, as shown in Illustration 9.
3. Click Yes on the dialog asking if we would like to save changes, which appears as depicted in Illustration 10.
Information updates on the server, and then the Process Database dialog appears, as shown in Illustration 11.
4. Click the Run button on the dialog.
The Process Progress viewer appears, and generates periodic status updates for various processing events. When processing is complete, we see a Process succeeded message appear in the Status bar in the lower part of the viewer, as depicted in Illustration 12.
5. Click the Close button on the Process Progress viewer to dismiss the viewer.
6. Click the Close button on the Process Database dialog to dismiss the dialog.
We are now ready to return to the Dimension Designer browser to examine the results of our work.