Installation Cookbooks: Installing Oracle Forms & Reports 6i - Page 4
January 8, 2004
1. Forms and Reports executables need a tnsnames.ora file, or you can use the TNS_ADMIN environment variable to point to a directory where the Oracle Net Services (or Net8) configuration files are located. If you already configured this file for an Oracle9i installation, set TNS_ADMIN to the directory where the tnsnames.ora file for Oracle9i is located. Otherwise, Oracle products will look for the tnsnames.ora file in the following order:
.tnsnames.ora in the user's home directory (note the dot before the file name)
$TNS_ADMIN (you can set this in the .cshrc file)
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin (this is the default location)
2. As oradev6, edit the spoolcmd.sh file. Change the working directory to $ORACLE_HOME/reports60/admin/printer.
3. Beginning at line 36 in the file, where it says if test $3 = "delete" make the changes shown below (you are replacing the "then" and "else" statements with what is shown below):
then /usr/bin/lp d<printer name> n $4 $1 else /usr/bin/lp d<printer name> n $4 $1
Without these changes, you will see error messages related to REP-3300/UI-9 and REP-1809 when trying to print reports from forms. Oracle documentation refers to adding a printer definition in the $ORACLE_HOME/guicommon6/tk60/admin/uiprint.txt file. This file does not need to be modified.
4. Log in as root and change your working directory to $ORACLE_HOME/orainst. Type root.sh at the UNIX prompt. If the settings are correct, press Enter. Otherwise, exit and reset the variables to the appropriate values and run root.sh again.
5. Enter the pathname for the local bin directory (use /usr/bin) and press Enter.
6. Type Y to continue at the warning about ORACLE_HOME not matching the home directory for the Oracle user oradev6 (these values do not have to match).
7. If your group ID is dba, press Enter at the line prompting for the UNIX group that has DBA permissions.
8. You can now eject/un-mount the CD-ROM.
Installing Patch 12 (Oracle patch p2648892_600_SOLARIS.zip)
1. Log in as oradev6.
2. Insert the Forms & Reports 6i Patch 12 CD-ROM.
3. Navigate to the /cdrom/6i_patch12 directory.
4. Copy the patch file to the ORACLE_HOME directory
cp p* $ORACLE_HOME
5. Navigate to ORACLE_HOME. Unzip the patch file with
This step will create the patch directory under the ORACLE_HOME directory.
6. Navigate to the developer6i_patch12 directory.
7. As oradev6 at a UNIX prompt, start the patch installation process by executing
If you want a log file of the installation, execute
./patch_install.sh | & tee patch_install_p12.log
8. As the patch is installed, you will see an Oracle installation window. No action on your part is required.
9. When the installation finishes, re-link the following:
cd $ORACLE_HOME/procbuilder60/lib make -f ins_procbuilder.mk install cd $ORACLE_HOME/forms60/lib make -f ins_forms60w.mk install cd $ORACLE_HOME/graphics60/lib make -f ins_graphics60w.mk install cd $ORACLE_HOME/reports60/lib make -f ins_reports60w.mk install
This completes the patch installation process. You can delete the patch zip file to recover some disk space.
10. As the user oradev6, you can test the installation by typing f60runm at the UNIX command line and then see the "Forms Runtime Options" window. If the "Forms Runtime Options" window does not appear, check the path statement in the .cshrc file for oradev6. The path should include $ORACLE_HOME/bin.