SQL Server Reporting Services: Getting Started
November 19, 2007
- SQL Server Reporting Services, which is popularly known as SSRS.
- Introduced with SQL Server 2000. SSRS is an enterprise-wide centrally managed Reporting Solution.
- It's a Server side reporting platform and comes with tools for creating, managing, and viewing reports.
- It offers web-enabled report access and administration functionality.
- Publish reports in various formats. Output formats include HTML, PDF, TIFF, Excel, CSV, and more.
- The data for reports can come from relational or multidimensional data from SQL Server, Analysis Services, Oracle, XML data sources, or any Microsoft .NET data provider, such as ODBC or OLE DB.
- SQL Server Reporting Services provides a middle-tier server that runs under Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
The article continues at