>>Script Language and Platform: ASP/SQL Server DTS
Write a DTS with an ActiveX script
1. Easy Scheduling and able to manage along with your regular SQL Server Jobs
2. Notification to Operator on Fail/Success
3. Call any complex ASP Page or any HTTP using the Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP
4. Potential to save the output further to another location/server
5. Very useful in zone integration.
6. Reusable ASP page in both scheduled and on demand scenario.
Author: Ajith Dharwar
Disclaimer: We hope that the information on these script pages is
valuable to you. Your use of the information contained in these pages,
however, is at your sole risk. All information on these pages is provided
"as -is", without any warranty, whether express or implied, of its accuracy,
completeness, or fitness for a particular purpose...
Back to Database Journal Home