MS Access for the Business Environment: Reporting in MS Access: Grouped Transactional Report Part II - Page 7
October 6, 2003
21. Using the methods we have outlined previously, move the OrderDate compound control so that its left border is aligned with the 1/4-inch point on the horizontal ruler.
This should align the OrderDate compound control in the footer with the compound control from which it was cloned in the OrderDate header. We want to make one alteration, however; a modification to the existing text in the label control to make it more meaningful in its context within the footer.
22. Right-click the OrderDate label control in the OrderDate footer.
23. Select Properties from the context menu that appears.
24. Select the Format tab of the Properties sheet, as necessary.
25. Modify the Caption field at the top of the Format tab to read as follows:
The Properties sheet - Format tab for the OrderDate label control appears as depicted in Illustration 24.
26. Close the Properties sheet.
27. Move the pointer to the bottom of the OrderDate footer section, placing it between the OrderDate footer section and the CustomerID footer section.
28. Hold down the left button on the mouse, as soon as the "double-arrow" image appears.
29. Drag the CustomerID footer section border up, until a tight fit is achieved for the controls we have included.
30. Release the button to fix the border in place.
The OrderDate header and footer sections now appear in the report as shown in Illustration 25.
Let's perform another preview of our evolving report.
31. Click the Print Preview button.
32. Type the following into the AsOfDate box that appears:
33. Click OK to apply the date.
The report executes, returning data that appears similar to that partially shown in Illustration 26.
Let's take a look at the overall page layout from a somewhat "higher" level; while it might make the specific data harder to see, the zoom option for Preview is certainly useful in getting a feel for the overall page layout.
34. Pass the mouse cursor over the report until a magnifying glass icon (with a " - " sign inside it) appears.
35. Click the report once.
The report appears in reduced magnification mode, actually "zooming out," affording us a general "page" view of overall layout of the report, as shown in Illustration 27.
Again, we see that the report is developing according to our objectives.
36. Click the Close button to close the Preview window.
37. Save your work as desired, as a safety measure.
Next, we will move into the CustomerID header and footer sections.