iAnywhere Solutions Inc., a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc., recently announced the general availability of SQL Anywhere(R) Studio 8.0.2, the latest version of the market-leading mobile data management and enterprise synchronization solution. Version 8.0.2 features the UltraLite(TM) Component Suite to simplify mobile application development, as well as significant security and performance enhancements.
"We have been using SQL Anywhere Studio for many years and are very excited about the new UltraLite Component Suite technology," said Carl Besaw, product manager at E-Z Data, a leading provider of front office systems for insurance companies, broker-dealers, general agents, agents and investment advisors. "Our developers can now use their favorite development tools to create mobile enterprise applications, helping us to deploy solutions more quickly."
Supporting AppForge MobileVB(TM), the Insignia(R) Jeode(TM) Java(TM) VM, Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) and Microsoft(R) eMbedded Visual Basic(R), the UltraLite Component Suite helps bring handheld enterprise applications to market more quickly, by allowing developers to leverage a wide variety of popular development tools. Other enhancements to SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0.2 include:
- Communication-stream encryption has been further enhanced to now support both TLS and RSA, bolstering the security of critical information as it travels between the server and the mobile or client device
- New support for Microsoft .NET as part of MobiLink's enterprise synchronization capabilities allows developers to write synchronization logic in the .NET language of their choice
- MobiLink monitoring tool provides detailed information about the performance of synchronizations, enabling administrators to track synchronization speeds and optimize the performance of their synchronization servers
- Additional JDBC Level 2 driver provides a robust and high-performance JDBC driver that enjoy the benefits of ODBC data sources and the native Adaptive Server Anywhere client/server protocol
- A variety of other enhancements to the Adaptive Server Anywhere database server, including additional performance enhancements, addition of GUIDs and UUIDs for unique identifier support, and new join algorithms
"This new version further strengthens the leadership position of SQL Anywhere Studio, providing additional tools for the development of mobile, remote, workgroup and embedded database applications," said Michael Paola, group product manager at iAnywhere Solutions. "We have received tremendous interest from customers regarding the UltraLite Component Suite and expect this technology to fuel the development of mobile enterprise applications."
SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0.2 is currently available at no additional charge to existing SQL Anywhere Studio 8 customers. The software download and additional product information can be found online at http://www.ianywhere.com/sqlanywhere.
The complete press release is available at
Back to Database Journal Home