[From MySQL AB
The latest version of MySQL Alpha was released on December 1. This release includes added and changed functionality and bug fixes.
Functionality added or changed:
- Added IGNORE option for DELETE statement.
- The MySQL source distribution now also includes the MySQL Internals Manual 'internals.texi'.
- Added mysql_set_server_option() C API client function to allow multiple statement handling in the server to be enabled or disabled.
- The mysql_next_result() C API function now returns -1 if there are no more result sets.
- Renamed CLIENT_MULTI_QUERIES connect option flag to CLIENT_MULTI_STATEMENTS. To allow for a transition period, the old option will continue to be recognized for a while.
- Require DEFAULT before table and database default character set. This enables us to use ALTER TABLE table_name ... CHARACTER SET=... to change the character set for all CHAR, VARCHAR, and TEXT columns in a table.
- Added MATCH ... AGAINST( ... WITH QUERY EXPANSION) and the ft_query_expansion_limit server variable.
The article continues at