Today, at Gartner's IT Expo, GridApp Systems, Inc. announced the launch of GridApp Clarity. This latest release of the software, a stand-a-lone product, focuses on the administration and automation of database processes, providing a best-practices approach to cross-platform database management.
80% of a DBAs time is spent on repetitive tasks, fighting fires, and then figuring out why a problem occurred once it has been identified. GridApp Clarity couples its monitoring and alerting functionality with its auditing functionality to notify the DBA of the problem, as well as all of the activities that have occurred on a particular database over the last 48 to 72 hours, enabling them to better identify and resolve problems faster.
Another focus of this version was bringing the existing auditing framework more in line with the latest Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPA and SB 1386 requirements. Clarity enables enterprises to easily provide root-cause analysis information and enforce what is going on in the database level to ensure they are in compliance with external regulations.
GridApp Clarity seamlessly interfaces with existing management infrastructure, whether it is an IBM Tivoli Director product or some type of change management infrastructure like Remedy.
Patch management and replication functionality has been enhanced. It is now more sophisticated, providing a comprehensive interface into the heterogeneous database environment.
A key portion of the products evolution is concerned with efficiency--making the DBA more efficient and about who is in control of the data. Enterprises need the ability to protect their data and to understand what is going on with that data. The latest version of Clarity involves enhanced auditing that shifts control of the data from an operational DBA to the actual enterprise. Through Clarity, the enterprise can specify how to deploy, patch or upgrade the database. They can specify activities that are 'out of bounds,' such as deleting information, updating information or directly changing the schema, and be immediately notified when such activities occur. In addition, that information can be written to a centralized location, where it cannot be tampered with.
GridApp Clarity automates the following functions:
- Obtain a unified view into multi-platform database deployments
- Discover and inventory versions and patch levels across the entire database population
- Track database configuration and design in a central location
- Dynamically provision database resources to meet business SLAs
- Clone databases to support testing and rollout of new products
- Deploy patches in minutes to hundreds of databases
- Automatically repair faults in database operation
- Scale database capacity on demand and online
- Enables the rapid deployment of business continuity and disaster recovery relationships
- Log all database accesses and other pertinent activity in a secure, write-once format
- Obtain invaluable evidence of compliance for SOX 404, HIPAA, 21 CFR part 11, Basel II, GLBA, and similar regulations
Headquartered in New York City, GridApp Systems, Inc. was founded in 2002. The company was formed to implement the database management vision conceived from the team's field experience operating a major e-commerce site.
For additional information, please visit http://www.gridapp.com/.