This script will create an insert statement with values for each row in the passed table.
- It can handle translation of Null values and all data type translation except blob types
- Uses the primary key to generate either a if exists delete or if not exist before the insert statement
- If table has an Identity column, it will generate a set identity_insert statement
- Can be compiled in any database and reference a different database
- Uses “, so always sets Quoted_Identifier off
- Always returns script in results pane, optionally to a file
- Make sure to set the ‘Max characters per column’ setting High (8000) in Query Analyzer
Updated on May 8th with a fix for a problem of trying to script a table with blob field types — now it excludes ntext,text, and image fields from the column list.
Author: Nicole Welch
Disclaimer: We hope that the information on these script pages is
valuable to you. Your use of the information contained in these pages,
however, is at your sole risk. All information on these pages is provided
“as -is”, without any warranty, whether express or implied, of its accuracy,
completeness, or fitness for a particular purpose…
Back to Database Journal Home